Another allergy season is here! Cedar is a memory, but Oak and mold are still problems, with elm, ash, hackberry and cottonwood soon to follow. We have many treatment options available including homeopathic remedies, chiropractic adjustments, nasal specific adjustments and Total Body Modification (TBM – clearing the bodies reaction to the allergen), great alternatives to the drugs that leave you drowsy and droopy. Also, Bioenergetics/Life Energy (we call it BEFE for short) can be used to eliminate/detox yeast and metals from the body.
During the allergy season you can also help yourself:
- Avoid sugar, even in the form of juices. They will depress your immune system. Also, if you have candida/yeast (typically shows as a white coating on the tongue) avoiding sugar will decrease your reaction to mold.
- Vit. C taken throughout the day will help stimulate metabolism by increasing enzyme activity.
- Zinc, taken at dinner, will also increase metabolism and stimulate repair of the lungs. Zinc is especially good to help with weight loss when recovering from the Christmas holidays.
- Change the air filters in your home regularly. At least once per month.
- Take long, hot baths with Epsom salts to draw out toxins that reduce metabolism. You can even get a prescription for a hot tub. This will save you the sales tax!
- Take Vit. E with selenium – Both potent antioxidants that neutralize free radicals created from air pollutants and irritants.
- Set your car air conditioner to circulate air inside the car – no outside air.
Doreen Lewis, DC, DABCI, DACBN, CCN