What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the words chiropractor or chiropractic services? Most people associate it with the word adjustment. Whether it’s your back, hips or neck, people have a tendency of associating chiropractors with adjustments. In reality, there’s so much more to what chiropractors do and what they can offer their patients. Just ask our chiropractors here at SPNCC. Chiropractors in San Antonio and around the world offer a variety of services to keep their patients healthy and happy.
What types of injuries and ailments can Chiropractors help with?
So, if they aren’t just doing adjustments, what types of conditions are chiropractors treating? Here’s a list of just some of the things your practitioner can help you with:
- Migraines and Tension Headaches
- Sciatica Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Myofascial Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Weakened Immune System
- Stress and Anxiety
What other chiropractic services do practitioners offer?
Now that we have a better idea of the types of injuries chiropractors can help with, let’s take a look at what services they offer to help deal with those issues.
Muscle Pain Management
There are a few different ways that chiropractors can help give you relief from muscle pain.
- One of those ways is by helping to loosen up the muscles with Massage Therapy. Chiropractors can offer some basic muscle manipulation, but usually, they’ll have a Massage therapist working at their facility to ensure you’re getting the professional care you need.
- Another way a chiropractor will help you with muscle pain is by offering hot and cold therapy. Just as the name implies, they alternate heating pads and ice packs to help alleviate the pain. The cold helps to reduce the inflammation while the heat helps to increase the blood flow.
Chiropractors will often use special equipment to help facilitate the healing process. Some of those therapies include:
- Ultrasound therapy is one method used by chiropractors to help relax the muscles and increase blood flow. Essentially, the vibrations from the sound create heat deep in the muscles. It is this heat that stimulates the blood flow.
- Electrotherapy is another method used. You’ll have a little sticky pad with an electrode placed on the affected area. Once the machine is turned on you’ll get subtle little jolts of electricity to the area. It’s said to help relieve pain and reduce muscle spasms, among other benefits.
- Cold laser therapy is becoming more and more popular as a treatment option. This therapy uses light energy to stimulate receptors in the body. The body then uses that light energy and turns it into chemicals that help the healing process go much quicker.
- Chiropractors in San Antonio aren’t only interested in treating you once you’ve sustained an injury. They want to ensure that your body is as healthy as possible so that you do not keep getting injured. That’s why they place a lot of emphasis on preventative care. They’ll give you exercises you can do at home, tell you things to avoid, and make recommendations to help you nurse your current injuries back to health. As for prevention, they’ll also give you lifestyle tips, nutrition tips, and even ergonomic tips to keep you on a healthy path.
Chiropractors look at their patients as a whole as opposed to just their specific injury. That’s why they offer chiropractic services that treat the patient as well as help prevent future injuries. If you’re looking for reputable chiropractors in San Antonio, give us a call at SPNCC and we’ll make sure you’re well looked after.